COVID-19 Preparedness & Response
CNSNext has been closely monitoring the recent reports and information on COVID-19, commonly referred to as coronavirus, over the last several months. While CNSNext is not the public health organization for our areas, we have been working closely to learn more information from our public health partners. CNSNext, like you, is working to prepare for the spread of illness over the coming weeks and months.
The health and safety of our staff, technicians, and customers is of the utmost importance to CNSNext. Leadership has been meeting regularly to discuss ways to protect our staff and our customers from exposure to the Corona virus. Staff are utilizing hand sanitizer, washing hands regularly, and wearing gloves when handling equipment, per Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations. Staff have been instructed to reschedule appointments if they feel there is a risk of exposure at a location due to travel or visible sickness.
**UPDATE: Beginning Monday, May 18th, limited in-home visits will begin with safety and health precautions in place. We thank you for your patience as we work as quickly and safely as possible to assist all customers.** Effective Monday, March 23rd, CNSNext technicians will actively work to connect and serve our customers, from outside the residence or business ONLY until further notice. Technicians will not be providing services inside the premise until this crisis has passed and it has been determined it is safe to do so. Techs will attempt to work with customers from the outside and deliver equipment for a customer self-install when possible. There will be many cases where the self-install option is not feasible nor possible. These cases will have to be rescheduled at some point in the future. The health and safety of our customers and staff are our top priority. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time, as we work to provide services to the best of our abilities.
Attention Thomasville customers: For the health and safety of customers and staff and in observance of social distancing best practices, if you need to return CNSNext equipment of any kind, please call 229-227-7001 to schedule a time to drop off your equipment. A staff member will be happy to meet you at the front door to take your information and get your equipment checked in from a safe distance. Thank you for your patience and assistance as we all work through COVID-19 together!
Thank you for your patience as our tech support team works as quickly as possible to take your calls. Experiencing a high call volume can lead to increased wait times, but rest assured, we are working as quickly and efficiently as possible to assist all customers. We appreciate you!
Communication is a key part of this strategy. As the situation evolves, so will our protective measures.
We invite you to follow us on Facebook for even more information: https://www.facebook.com/CNSNext/
What You Can Do
Stay informed. This is a rapidly evolving situation, and it is important that everyone stay up to date on the latest information. For your convenience, we have linked several resources for your information. Scroll down the page to find the online resource section.
Follow the guidelines. The President of the United States has released guidelines designed to limit the spread of the coronavirus.
Practice social distancing. The CDC advises against socializing in groups of ten or more. Be mindful of this and, when possible, stay home and utilize curbside pickup, deliveries, and other means to conduct business with limited contact.
We encourage everyone to follow the stated guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Georgia Department of Public Health which include staying at home if you do not feel well, practicing social distancing, washing hands, and covering your nose and mouth if you cough or sneeze. You may access helpful information through the following:
- Centers for Disease Control’s website at www.cdc.gov
- Georgia Department of Public Health at www.dph.georgia.gov
- Archbold Memorial Hospital at www.archbold.org
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America
- City of Camilla: http://www.camillaga.net/
- City of Cairo: http://www.syrupcity.net/
- City of Moultrie: http://www.moultriega.com/
- City of Thomasville:
- State of Georgia Executive Order by the Governor- 04.02.20
- Governor Kemp’s Statewide Shelter in Place Executive Order Guidance and FAQ
- CNSNext Press Release- Committed to Connectivity- 03.27.2020
- CNSNext Press Release- Innovation in a time of COVID-19- 5.4.2020
- State of Georgia Department of Public Health Administrative Order for Public Health Control Measures- 03.22.20
- State of Georgia Executive Order by the Governor- 03.23.20
- State of Georgia Department of Public Health Administrative Order Issued Pursuant to Executive Order- 03.23.20
Promotions and Previews
CNSNext is committed to keeping as many people as possible informed and entertained during this turbulent time. Many of our programming partners are providing the unprecedented ability to allow additional access to some of their networks. As a result, free previews of some news and entertainment channels will be offered to CNSNext television subscribers for a limited time, based on network availability and package subscription (these requirements and eligibilities are set by the networks themselves):
- Fox News will be available to Basic Plus and higher customers on channel 69 until May 31st
- CNN will be available to Basic Plus and higher customers on channel 37 until May 31st
- Oxygen will be available to Basic Plus and higher customers on channel 84 until June 30th
- Universal Kids will be available to Basic Plus and higher customers on channel 156 until June 30th
- Universo will be available to Basic Plus and higher customers on channel 412 until June 30th
- CNBC will be available to Basic Plus and higher customers on channel 60 until June 30th
- MSNBC will be available to Basic Plus and higher customers on channel 61 until June 30th
- Sportsman Channel will be available to Basic Plus and higher customers on channel 201 until June 19th
- AXS will be available to Basic Plus and higher customers on channel 580 until May 31st
- HDNet Movies will be available to Basic Plus and higher customers on channel 581 until May 31st
- Nick Jr. (channel 151) will be available to Basic Plus and higher customers until May 30th
- Cooking Channel, Travel Channel, DIY, Great American Country, Science Channel, American Heroes, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, Discovery en Espanol, and OWN will be available to Basic Plus and higher customers until July 31st
The Weather Channel is dedicating time each hour to share educational content for children who are experiencing distance learning at home. Every day at :50 past the hour, TWC will have lessons specifically targeted to school-age kids. Learn more at the link below and be sure to tune in! https://weloveweather.tv/for-kids/